Crown Problems You May Face Once You Get It
For all dental procedures, you might face some issues in the long run which is normal in some cases due to the circumstances, below are some issues you might face with replacing a missing tooth, just remember that those are some basic issues you might face, it’s not necessarily that you will face any issues after the dental procedure, therefore we don’t want you to be afraid as long as you are dealing with a professional doctor like Dr. Haider Al Fyadh you will be in safe hands.
You should always remember to ask your doctor about the details of the procedure and all the problems that you might face to be aware of everything.
Also below issues depending on your situation will be different for each patient.
Discomfort or sensitivity
- Discomfort or sensitivity. Your newly crowned tooth may be sensitive immediately after the procedure as the anesthesia begins to wear off. If the tooth that has been crowned still has a nerve in it, you may experience some heat and cold sensitivity. Your dentist may recommend that you brush teeth with toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth. Pain or sensitivity that occurs when you bite down usually means that the crown is too high on the tooth. If this is the case, call your dentist. He or she can easily fix the problem.
- Chipped crown. Crowns made of all-porcelain or porcelain fused to metal can sometimes chip. If the chip is small, a composite resin can be used to repair the chip with the crown remaining in your mouth. This is usually just a temporary fix. If the chipping is extensive, the crown may need to be replaced.
- Sometimes the cement washes out from under the crown. Not only does this allow the crown to become loose, it allows bacteria to leak in and cause decay to the tooth that remains. If a crown feels loose, contact your dentist’s office.
Crown falls off
- They falls off. Sometimes crowns fall off. Reasons include decaying of the underlying tooth and loosening of the cementing material used to place the crown. If your crown comes off, clean the crown and the front of the tooth. You can replace the crown temporarily using dental adhesive or temporary tooth cement that is sold in stores for this purpose. Contact your dentist’s office immediately. He or she will give you specific instructions on how to care for the tooth and crown for the day or so until you can be seen for an evaluation. Your dentist may be able to re-cement the crown in place; if not, a new crown will need to be made.
- Allergic reaction. Because the metals used to make crowns are usually a mixture of metals, an allergic reaction to the metals or porcelain used in it can occur, but this is extremely rare.
Dark line on crowned tooth next to the gum line
- Dark line on it Next to the gum line. A dark line next to the gum line of your crowned tooth is normal, particularly if you have a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown. This dark line is simply the metal of the crown showing through. While not a problem in itself, the dark line is cosmetically unacceptable and your dentist may have to replace the crown with an all-porcelain or ceramic one.
In case you did not know Muna Dental Clinic Provide a wide range of Services including Braces, Cosmetics, Veneers, and more dental service using the latest technology in the field; we recommend you to visit our website which is: Muna Dental Clinic to book an appointment in order to get the Right and best Results for your smile.
Please visit our Appointment Page to reserve your time
In Case you didn’t know, Muna Dental Care Center is located in Bukuwara, Riffa. We offer a wide range of dental services, with all services you might require to have the best smile for you, all of that with specialized doctors their main passion is creating smiles including preventive, cosmetic, restorative and reconstructive dentistry to the residents of Riffa, Sanad, Isa Town, Hamad Town and to other nearby areas.
Muna Dental Care Center is dedicated to a totally comprehensive dental care approach that focuses on treating people, not only teeth. Visit us to enhance your smile.