Before Dental Implant Surgery
When dental implant is recommended by a dentist, the preparation before starting on dental implant procedure includes:
- Seeing a dentist for a comprehensive oral examination.
- Keeping healthy. If there is a medical condition, consult your doctor before starting the treatment. In general, if the medical condition is well controlled, dental implant surgery can be done as it is only a small surgery under local anesthesia.
Dental Implant process
- The dentist performs oral examination and oral preparation.
- Take x-rays to see the amount of bones and organs involved.
- Take impression of the patient’s mouth to plan the treatment.
- In some cases, additional 3D CT Scan may be required.
- Dentist perform surgery to embed the implant at appropriate position. In some cases, it may be necessary to have a bone augmentation prior to implant surgery.
- Wait for the bone to integrate with implant for 2-3 months depending on factors such as the amount and quality of patient’s bone, etc.
- When the implant is firmly integrated to the bone, the dentist will take impression of patient’s teeth to make crowns, bridges or dentures to attach on dental implants.
- Follow-up appointment will be set up for proper monitoring.
How to take care of yourself after Implant Surgery
- Brush thoroughly
- Floss everyday
- Avoid hard foods such as cartilage
- See a dentist every 3-6 months for dental checkup
Can Dental Implants Be Fitted on Same Day My Tooth Is Extracted?
In some cases, dental implants can be fitted immediately after your tooth is removed, but many factors must be taken into consideration before the procedure is performed for the sake of your safety. Namely, our dentists need to assess the number of implants you require and the health of your jaw bone.
If we can fit the implants on the same day as your tooth is removed, it’s important that you take care to keep them in good condition to prevent complications from arising. We highly recommend sticking to soft food for the first few months to avoid causing damage to your dental implant in Thailand. If you choose us to perform the procedure, we’ll carry out a risk evaluation before administering the treatment.
Many dentists agree that implants are the most effective way to replace lost or extracted teeth because of their natural appearance and the safety of the procedure. The entire process can be completed within minutes, and before long, you won’t even notice that you have dental implants. If you want to book a consultation to learn more about dental implants in Bangkok, don’t hesitate to call one of our specialists.
In case you did not know Muna Dental Clinic Provide wide range of Services including Braces, Cosmetics, Veneers, and more dental service using the latest technology in the field; we recommend you to visit our website which is: Muna Dental Clinic to book an appointment in order to get the Right and best Results for your smile.
Please visit our Appointment Page to reserve your time ..
Muna Dental Care Center is located in Bukuwara, Riffa. We offer a wide range of dental services, including preventive, cosmetic, restorative and reconstructive dentistry to the residents of Riffa, Sanad, IsaTown, Hamad Town and to other nearby areas.
Muna Dental Care Center is dedicated to a totally comprehensive dental care approach that focuses on treating people, not only teeth.