Implant-supported dental bridge
dental bridge As the name implies, implant-supported bridges use dental implants as opposed to crowns or frameworks. Typically, one implant is surgically placed for every missing tooth, and these implants hold the bridge in position. If one implant for each missing tooth isn’t possible, the bridge may have a pontic suspended between two implant-supported crowns.
Considered the strongest and most stable system, an implant-supported bridge commonly requires two surgeries:
- one to embed the implants in the jawbone
- a second surgery to place the bridge
It can take a number of months for the procedure to be completely finished.
There are many variables that can affect the price including:
- number of teeth needed to fill the gap
- materials used, such as composite resin, zirconia, or metal alloy covered in resin
- complexity/difficulty of the placement
- additional treatments for other dental issues, such as gum disease
- geographic location
The costs also depend on the type of bridge that you select:
- Traditional or cantilever bridges typically cost $2,000 – $5,000 for one pontic and a crown for each abutment tooth.
- Maryland bridges typically cost $1,500 – $2,500 for one pontic with the framework, or wings, attached to the abutment teeth.
- An implant-supported bridge could cost $5,000 – $15,000 for a bridge with two dental implants spanning three or four teeth.
Dental bridge vs. dental implant
Many dental insurance plans cover bridges, and many now cover implants as well. A dental bridge may need to be replaced every 5 to 15 years, depending on proper care, while implants are considered a permanent solution. There are factors that can reduce the life of all types of bridges, including implants, such as dental hygiene.
Muna Dental Clinic Provide wide range of Services including Braces using the latest technology in the field; we recommend you to visit Muna Dental Clinic to get the Right and best Results for Braces .
Please visit our Appointment Page to reserve your time ..
Muna Dental Care Center is located in Bukuwara, Riffa. We offer a wide range of dental services, including preventive, cosmetic, restorative and reconstructive dentistry to the residents of Riffa, IsaTown, Hamad Town and to other nearby areas.
Muna Dental Care Center is dedicated to a totally comprehensive dental care approach that focuses on treating people, not only teeth.